Licensed Hair Stylist
Certified Hair Extension Artist
|Tangled Hair Doesn't Need To|
Happen With Hair Extensions
When a client calls me distraught that she has a bad case of tangles that just won't come out, of course I want to see her right away. My first question is always the same. "Have you been following the printed instruction sheet you received when your extensions were put in?" Although most answer, "Yes," without hesitation, my 10 years of experience often tell me otherwise.
What You Can Do At-Home to Extend the Life of Your Hair Extensions
- Wash your hair no more than three times per week
- Fully dry your hair extensions with your hair dryer on low to medium heat settings only.
- Never use the "hot" setting on your hair dryer.
- Brush your hair from the roots all the way to the end daily.
- Brush your hair using a paddle brush with protective tips.
- Use professional products recommended by your hair extension specialist.
- Wrap your hair or braid it when you sleep to prevent tangles.
- Call your stylist if you think you have a problem with split ends or tangles.
- And, above all else, come in regularly for your tidy-ups!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: