Licensed Hair Stylist
Certified Hair Extension Artist
Just when you thought you'd heard everything about hair! Discovery magazine published a list of 20 hair facts that are actually unique and interesting. So much so that I wanted to share them with my readers.
|Fun Hair Facts|
2) All mammals have hair at some point in their lives
3) Insects can have hair too
4) Some insects use leg hair to "hear" motion
5) Human hair can "taste"
6) Nose hair continue to pulse after death
7) Average person has 100,000 head hairs; 4.9 million elsewhere
8) Early humans are thought to have "shed" in cycles like dogs
9) Melanin was created to deal with the sun after we lost our fur
10) Scientists have found some Neanderthals were redheads!
11) Neanderthals also had blondes and brunette genes
12) 2006 research reported blonde children were more withdrawn and shy
13) Hair "knows" when you're awake or sleeping
14) Follicles plucked at different times of day reveal when genes most active
15) Hair can reveal where you've been
16) Unique chemical signatures in water you drink show up in your hair
17) Oily hair absorbs ozone seven times more than clean hair
18) Oily hair can create more respiratory irritants such as formaldehyde
19) It can be life-threatening to eat your hair
20) Astrobiologists may want to induce baldness for astronauts
Discover - 20 Things You Didn't KnowAbout ... Hair