Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Your Questions On Hair Extension Color

by Melissa L. White

I receive a lot of questions regarding hair color. And, specifically on hair extension color. Hair color has always been a confusing mess of information, and unfortunately a lot of information on the web is not always helpful or correct.

Color trends change quite frequently ....  And, there is a lot of conflicting information out there.

Would this chart answer your question on
what hair color to select?
Hair color for women who wear hair extensions is quite different from those who do not wear them. There are considerations that set you apart. A stylist who is not experienced dealing with hair extensions can damage your own hair or the hair extensions, or get unexpected results when applying color.

Just last week, I watched (in horror) an Internet video of a stylist who was coloring hair. Visit enough forums on hair and you'll realize that color is confusing for most women. What is warm vs cool, how do shades vary, what are levels, how do you compliment skin tones?

The work I do in my San Antonio salon has led me to realize that color remains one of the top uncertainties for women who have or want to get quality hair extensions. Women I see for hair extensions often come to me with hair that has been badly damaged from color treatments not best suited for them or applied incorrectly. Others simply don't know what to do.

I'd like to get your questions on hair extensions and/or color for hair extensions so I can give answers that will help you and others in upcoming articles. Send your questions directly to me.

No comments: